Tuesday, January 18, 2011

MadFest HLGCBS

Congrats MadFest crew on another great festival!

Highs:

-I qualified 5 club back-crosses (super clean, all handles) for the first time. I fell in love with that trick after watching my first IJA video back in 1995. I never dreamed I'd ever be able to do it, so to have finally accomplished it and at such a great festival was amazing.

-The compliments on my performance in the public show. Thanks everyone :)

-Jerry Martin's song at Renegade. Absolutely brilliant.

-Joe Shower's routine at Renegade. Joe, you are enormously talented both as a juggler and comically. Keep it up man, can't wait to see where you go.

-Seeing Mark Faje perform all his best pieces in the public show. He's one of the funniest jugglers and best performers out there. Always a privilege to see him work.

-This exchange between myself and Joe Wooldridge at a chinese buffet. Warren: Huh, this is a weird fortune cookie, “There are coincidences.” Joe: I was just wondering about that!

-Passing with Chris LaRue. We worked on some pretty big tricks.

-Passing with Peter Kaseman. Two years ago when I first passed with Peter, I could barely keep 10 club double-double in the air with him. This time we ran it and 11 double-double, and even got 12 double-triple in the air for a few seconds!.

-Field ball on Sunday. Love this game! Always a good time.

-Having such a large contingent from Colorado. I think we had 10!

-Seeing such a large contingent from Rochester, NY!

-Staying at Melllonhead's place. Very good host.

-Kat's trained Cat.

-New snow tires on my car making the trip possible.

-Hanging out at Renegade. Even though there were some pretty rough acts in the show (to put it mildly), I had a blast. Got to hang out with a great crowd, drink some beer and eat some pizza.

-Meeting Matt Henry. Really nice guy and a great performer! Wish I'd gotten to hang out with him even more.

-Having food available in the gym. Even though it was overpriced, there were healthy-ish options.

-The location. The gym was fantastic!!! Absolutely love the space.

-Tony Pezzo's performance in the public show.

Lows:

-I missed a German wheel at the gym!!!

-Rough weather on the way home.

-Some of the renegade acts, and the behavior of some of us towards those acts.

-Despite MadFest being an amazing festival, there were portions that seemed a little disorganized. Most notably the workshops and games. People also involved in running it didn't seem to be as well informed about some details of the fest as they could have been.

-No Kevin McBeth OR Justin Sheldon!!! :(

Goals:

-Qualify 5 club back-crosses: CHECK

-Ten catches of 3 club alberts: Not this time

-Pass with Chris LaRue: Check

-Pass with Peter Kaseman: Check

-Deliver a good performance in the public show: Check

Crushes:

-Bekah Smith. Always a crush :)

-Mark Hayward: Great guy, a wonderful part of MadFest every year.

-Matt Henry: Looking forward to seeing you again!

Banes:

-My foot plus the gym floor. Loved the floor for juggling, but it was murder on my foot.

Surprises:

-Meeting someone from Boulder, CO that I didn't know AT the festival.

Looking forward to the next fest,
-Warren

No comments:

Post a Comment